Friday, November 24, 2017

Looking Back

This past week I went back to my very first blog post. It was November of 2008. Nine years ago. Nine. Years. Ago.

My, how different our lives look 9 years later.

Nine years ago my now 15 and 12 year old kids were 6 and 3. One was in grade one, the other a year away from starting preschool.

Today they are in high school and junior high school. It truly seems unbelievable to me.  

I first started to blog, because I wanted to document and capture our 'every day'. When you're 'in it', the days often sometimes seem monotonous. 

When you have the ability to step away and look back at the every days... 

To see how far you've come. 

How things have changed. 

How your kids have grown... 

I actually had my posts from 2008 through 2012 printed and bound in a soft covered book. I have no idea what company I went through to do this. Believe it or not, there is no company information anywhere on the books.  


With the start of my project life albums, I cut down on my blogging considerably. 

Once I was creating PL albums, I was capturing the 'every days' that I'd previously blogged about. It seemed redundant to blog about it, or have books printed. Especially since I basically had all the hard copies of the photos and stories, in albums in the living room.

I have never wavered on this documenting thing. 

I still love it. As much now, as much as when I first began. 

My kids still sit and look through albums. They have memories of things, that have stayed with them, because they can read about them. The little stories that have made up our days. 

I love working with paper.  

I love working in PSE on the computer. 

I love capturing our stories. Still. 

And, if anyone out there, who's reading this, can tell me how on earth, I created this photo... I would love to know. Because I can't for the life of me, figure it out again... 



All I know is that it was saved as a .gif. But really, how did I get it to look like it was snowing?

I researched everything. All I did was end up with a virus on my computer. [Thanks to Mason, that situation has been rectified]

That's all I've got. Just a little bit of rambling for a friday.

No comments: