Thursday, November 30, 2017

December Daily - 2017

Can you believe tomorrow is already December 1st? I can't.

This holiday season, I feel very settled and content. Last holiday season was an absolute blur... 

I was working, and the closer Christmas got, the busier I was. The days were busy, the nights were busy [with extra curricular kid stuff] I wasn't in an overly happy space. In fact, I'm pretty sure looking back, I was pretty miserable. 

Last year I was totally rushed. Shopping was last minute and stressful. I did absolutely NO baking, much to my kids horror. 

This year is a different story. 

I actually have a good chunk of my Christmas shopping done. Already. And it's November 29th. Yay me. 

I've already made my first batch of Gingersnaps. They didn't stand a chance. They were mostly consumed. But this year is looking pretty promising compared to last year. 

I have also put my foundation pages together for this years December Daily album. This year I went back to Ali Edwards December Daily album, though I didn't order the entire kit. 

I ordered this year and last years Paislee Press mini kits. I love them. 

I did have a mix up however. I thought I'd ordered an Ali Edward 6x8 binder. When the box arrived, no binder.  I checked out my bill, and no binder. So, I had to scramble a little bit. I did manage to find a 6x8 binder on Scrapbook.com. I love the ones Ali offers, because they are 6 rings [check out page protectors you can see this new binder is only 2 rings] The 6 rings definitely gives you a bit more stability. However, I'm using what I've got. 

I have created a title page, and my intention page. [I attempted to write out my intentions in my own hand writing. But I hated it. So I typed it instead. Now, to figure out how to run journal cards manually through our new printer] Wish me luck! 

Here is my title page. Loving it. 


On the back side of the title page, I printed off this calendar. For now, it's just printed off blank and included in the album pocket for now, but I plan to include everything that happens in our month. [Which will be a lot, I know that already]



This calendar is a freebie that can be downloaded, along with a few other styles, to download, click here: Stitch in Time. So generous, and I love the van with the tree on top. It's my favourite. 

This years colour combination is going to be a mixture of red/black/white. 

I will try my best to keep up with pages here. 

[Of course, the first 3 days of December, I'm out of town in a ringette tourney] I'll have some catching up to do when I get home. 

I'm really looking forward to putting this album together this year. 

No comments: