Sunday, January 29, 2017

PL2016 - August Camping Trip

So, in my Project Life catch up for 2016, I knew I wanted to include a camping trip we did with friends.

At the end of August, we went camping to Kananaskis with another family. 

Our boys played hockey together for 3 years, and our girls became rink rat besties. We became quite close. In fact, it was the summer before that my girlfriend invited the kids and I to camp with them for a few days. It was thanks to this friend, that I realized, I actually enjoyed camping. 

[I remember our drive out to meet them, that summer, when Madelyn told me "Mummy, you're going to love this so much, you'll wish we camped all the time" To myself I thought, poor sweet girl... You couldn't be further from the truth.  Imagine my surprise, when I realized how much I enjoyed myself.]

I suddenly thought, Gosh, we're missing out. It's what got me on the band wagon, and searching Kijiji for a trailer of our own.

So thanks to Lise, we now have our own little trailer. It's perfect. 

Any way, back to the camping trip. We went to Elkwood in Kananaskis. The original forecast wasn't great, but we ended up having great weather. I neglected to pack shorts, I'd packed for the arctic, so that's another reason we ended up having great weather. When we got there, they had ONLY lifted the ban and opened bike paths, due to the grizzly bear activity. There were signs warming of bears, everywhere. Having said that, this scared of bear girl, had seen bears on every camping trip so far... Why would this be any different? 

We jam packed much into our camping trip. We all brought bikes, and biked from our campground down to the Lower Lake of Kananaskis.  We rewarded ourselves with ice cream of course, at the Bolton Creek campground. 

We hiked up to Rawson Lake, which was definitely on my bucket lists of hikes. The view was worth the entire uphill trek. 

We also rented a canoe on the Lower Lakes and the kids all took turns [boys and then girls of course] paddling around the lake. 

The most comedic thing we saw, was a group of tourists, get in the canoe and then promptly over turn it. It all happened in slow motion, Barry and Lise went to the rescue. We still tell that story, and can make tears stream down our cheeks. Note to self, make sure you know a thing or two about a canoe, before heading into a freezing body of water. 

For this layout, I wanted to include as many photos as possible. So I did a collage type page. There is one small section left to journal in. I knew that the photos would bring back the majority of the memories. We had a great camping trip, and look forward to doing it again.


The following Sahlin Studio Product was used:


No comments: