Thursday, December 1, 2016

Gigi

I had planned to create a post about our recent trip to the west coast. We spent five rainy days in Sooke, just after thanksgiving. We saw more rain, that I ever could have imagined. We saw awesome stormy seas. We saw crazy heave fog and power outages. We were there, through the megastore [lucky us, without even planning]

But, that post will have to wait, because this post is about Gigi. 

My grandmother, my Dad's mum, passed away last weekend. She was 99 1/2 years old. She was the matriarch of the family, in every way, right until the end. 

I feel so fortunate, that I live close to my family. Both immediate, and extended. That allowed many, many visits over the years.

I can't believe that my kids got to know their Great Grandma [hence the Gigi] In fact, it was our own Mason who came up with the catchy nickname. She has been lovingly refereed to as such, for the last 14 years. 

Here are a few photos I have to share. 

She was a remarkable lady. She made the worlds best Gigi buns and Sour Cream Pie. She will be missed. 

  

This was taken in January 2016. Pretty great, for the being on the brink of 99 years young.


This one is blurry, but I love it. It's not always easy to be inconspicuous. 




Celebrating 96 in 2013. Grandkids [my brother and I] and great-grandkids. 
Christmas 2009 - look at how small the kids are. [Gigi alternated Christmas with us]

No comments: