Friday, October 2, 2015

PL2015 Week 28 & 29

Now that fall is in high gear I'd like to zip through my summer pages a little bit faster. 

We have been so fortunate this year. We had a mild winter, which was lovely. Though, too bad we bought ski passes... A beautiful spring, that in my experience is not very typical. Summer was fantastic, though a bit hazy because of all the forest fires throughout BC and the states. And finally, fall. It's been splendid.

Last year, after our freakish September snow storm, our fall was virtually non-existent. Leaves simply died and fell off the trees. This year, we've been able to marvel at the colours. Sadly, this weekend the forecast is for about 3 degrees with a rain/snow mix. Any leaves remaining, will come down I'm sure.

Nose Hill has looked awesome too. I took the kids up last week, and even with the dreadful wind  blowing, the leaves stayed put.





We even made a trip to Banff/ Lake Louise last weekend because [gasp] we had no ice times! The larch trees where changing and I really wanted to see it. The weather was cool, and we did in fact get snowed on. We were dressed for mountain weather, many were not. I guess we had the advantage of knowing how quickly the weather can change. But even with the frigid temperature, the scenery did not disappoint.

 There's the snow!


She loves nature. She kept saying how beautiful everything was all day long.


This is the first time I've been here [aside from the winter months obviously] that there was not a single person out on the water in a canoe.

 A glimpse of the larches along the tree line. [With Madelyn looking inland...]

It was definitely snowing down the valley.


Another glimpse of the larch trees along the treeline.

Any way, now that we've looked at fall and our current weather situation, back to my summer layouts:

Week 28:

This week we went to Qarry Lake in Canmore with friends. It was super hot, and  a dip in this refreshing mountain lake was perfect. Eating ice cream with a cousin, trying to stay cool. Mad, outside reading. At 10 pm, it was the coolest we'd been all day. Mason went camping this weekend with another family. I loved that the Mum sent me texts and photos of him having a great time. A big deal for Madelyn, I surprised her and took her to get her ears pierced. A back yard camp out. You two slept out there all by yourselves!

Week 29:


This week we went for a picnic to Sibbald Lake. Madelyn caught frogs! So there was much excitement about that. We took Miss Libby, who had a great time. Mason is hard to pin down for pictures these days, so I take them when I can. Mason took over flyer delivery for a friend while he was on vacation. Bar and I got a quick golf game in while the kids were at sleep overs.

Sahlin Studio Product Used:

Week 28

Like a Boss - Kit
Like a Boss - Journal Cards


Week 29 

Celebrate - Elements 
Photo Journal No.1 - Word Art

1 comment:

Eva said...

I totally agree... the fall colours are magnificent this year. You captured them really well.