Wednesday, July 8, 2015

PL2015 - Weeks 16 & 17

Going back a few weeks:

Week 16:


This week I received my first dandelion. Mason used to bring them home to me all the time. Now it's Madelyn. I know I don't have many more years of these lovely little bouquets, so I look forward to them when I get them. Mace joined the track and field team at school, I took a photo of the boys while they were practicing their long distance running. [Just with my iPhone, but better something than nothing] Miss Mad at the doctor after too long with a pesky cough and cold. The boys at the banner raising ceremony, to acknowledge their winning both Esso Minor Hockey week, and the city championships. A shot of Mad in bed, with all her stuffies and a photo bomb by Daddy.   We had the hockey wrap up this week, and all the boys were gifted a beautiful frame which houses the certificates and medals they won this hockey season. Such a great keepsake for the kids. Last bottle drive of the season. 


I keep thinking I will stop with the white borders, but I just love the clean look of it. I don't think I'll stop after all. 


Since I keep each week to a one page spread, I tend to do a lot of journaling directly on my photos.  On occasion, it's hard to see the text, so in the case of the photo on the bottom, I add a layer of paper, under the journaling, and bring the opacity way down. It's very subtle, but makes the text easier to read.

 Week 17:


This week during parent teacher conferences, the school held a book fair. I happened to work the book fair, and when we shut it down for the evening, Madelyn took advantage of the quiet, and read the books. Sometimes, all the stars align, and me and my girlfriends are all available for coffee on short notice. This was one of those times. Mum & Daughter pedicure. Girl at the park. Coffee date with my sweetie. New bike! And a sick boy. Poor pup just isn't happy when her people aren't feeling well.


Love the frame included in this pack. As well as the sequins. So fun to use!


The journal cards are perfect to use for weekly tittles. 


Sahlin Studio Products used:

Week 16:



Week 17 :


 


No comments: