Friday, February 6, 2015

Project Life - 2015

I still love this project life thing. This will be my 5th year doing it... I've seen all sorts of different scrappers talk about changing things up. Using a smaller format. Not being confined by weeks, etc.

I'm still going with a weekly format.

When I look at past years, I'm super glad I kept track of stuff.

Keeping it weekly however, certainly makes you realize just how quickly time flies by... Because I look at detailed photos and read the journaling and think, "That CAN NOT be a year ago already" But alas, it is. So this really shows how fast life goes.

Another thing I find, it keeping with the digital format, my whole year last year fit into a 12x12 binder.

I couldn't decide if I should change up my photo design slightly this year. Should I  do away with the white borders around the photos. Should I round the corners of the photos. I look at other peoples project life, and I like that look. But when I look at mine... Nah. Couldn't do it. So corners are not rounded and photos have white borders. And I STILL love the look of it...

Here is this years title page.



I changed all the pictures to black and white, so that colours didn't clash.

Week 1:


Week one was actually from the 29th of December, through the 4th of January. We had some lazy days after Christmas. A lot of jammie time. One of the hits of Christmas was a game Mason had asked for called the Settlers of Catan. It got played over and over and over. Still does in fact. Even I play it with him, and that says a lot...

We went to Kananaskis again for New Years. We had a great time, and got in 2 days of skiing. We came home from there and had a get together with some good friends.

When I first started doing this project life a few years ago. I thought I want my book to coordinate. I want to use the same colour combinations. Once I became a creative team member on Sahlin Studio, I quickly let that idea go.

I LOVE the fact that I get to use all sorts of different new products. I love how my pages change from week to week. I wouldn't do it any other way. And yes, I love the white borders around my photos...

Sahlin Studio Product Used:

Title Page:

Hello Sampler Kit  [an add on available with this months Memory Pocket Monthly]

Photo Overlays - Love

Week One:

Shine Bright Kit


No comments: