Monday, June 30, 2014

Farewell Two Peas...

I was deeply saddened to learn that after July 10th, Two Peas in a Bucket will be closing their doors.



I got an empty feeling in the pit of my stomach when I found out the news last week. I couldn't believe it actually, when I read the words. Over the next few days, more and more girls, whom I admire so much in this industry, responded to the news, as well, these are just a few:

Ali

Cathy

Gluestick Girl
Marcy



I still remember stumbling upon this website. It happened while I was at work. After Mason was born, I went back to work part-time [you didn't have computers at home after all, back in those days...] I adored this website. It completely changed the way I scrapbooked.

I had been scrapping for awhile, in fact, I completed my first scrapbook in 1998 which happened to be of our wedding/honeymoon... A lot of circles and squares. A lot of stickers. A lot of cutting around pictures. A lot of curved papers. Not at all what my layouts look like today.

But to see other peoples examples. To see other peoples ideas... It truly spoke to me.

It still speaks to me. I scrapbook a lot. I began to submit my layouts to 2Peas on a regular basis after getting being asked to be apart of the Sahlin Studio Creative Team last year.

I still love to scrapbook. Though I'm mostly a digital scrapper now. I love all aspects of it. Capturing all of our stories. It makes me happy. I love to look back and remember. This form of art, will never not speak to me.

I don't know what happened. And part of me wishes I did. Though I realize it's none of my business. Not a single bit of it. I just think it would make it easier... To know why. I guess I feel like I've lost a friend. And I wish I knew why.

So, to 2Peas: Thank you for changing the way I scrapbook, and for having so many awesome tutorials, challenges and contests. Thank you for the most awesome Garden Girls. Thank you for the inspiration you gave to me and many others. This memory keeping thing, will never not speak to me.


No comments: