Friday, October 11, 2013

How do they do it?

It's no surprise that not only do I love scrapbooking, but I'm pretty much smitten with all things crafty... I have what might just borderline an obsession with Pinterest... Seriously, all things lovely, in one single spot... Be still my beating heart...

And of course, I follow a lot of my favourite bloggers. Lots of my favourite scrappy girls. And while I get ridiculously inspired, by the stuff I see, at the same time it tends to make me feel inadequate at this memory keeping gig.

I know. I know. I scrapbook. I record our every day. I have over a year and a half worth of our 'every day' recorded in albums... For the most part, I'm caught up to date on pictures I want to scrap. And still, I feel like I have so much more to capture... I see mini albums, trip albums, summer albums, and I feel deflated.

I am a stay at home Mum, to two school-age kids. And I do NOT home school. Nope. My little munchkins are out of the house for 7 hours a day, and I can not fathom how these other ladies find time to do all the scrappy things they do. I do my very best to keep up to date with Project Life, but I do fall behind.

My days consist of spending time at the kids school, volunteering. I realize that this commitment will slow down slightly, as they get older and venture into Middle and High Schools [thankfully, for the girl, that's a little ways off yet] I have a house to keep clean. And sometimes the clean house falls to the very bottom of my priority list.  I have laundry to do, on a continuous, never-ending basis. And yes, the laundry piles up. I try to sort of menu plan and feed my crew homemade meals during the weeknights. And yes, we run low on groceries. Sometimes we even run out of milk... I will be the first to admit, that when Friday night rolls around, I do NOT. WANT. TO. COOK. I attempt to get to yoga once a week [knowing it should be more than once a week] and I'm involved with a walking group and walk with them once a week. Sometimes I venture out and meet girlfriends for coffee, but I will be honest, my days are busy.  It seems like I'm in a rush to pick the kids up from school every afternoon. Each day at 2:55 pm, I'm not exactly sure where the day has gone.

Then comes after school. We are busy. Mason is in hockey. Any hockey mum out there knows that is one crazy erratic schedule. From week to week it's never the same. We can have hockey from once a week to 3-4 times a week. Mason is also involved in Scouts. Madelyn is a Brownie. There seems to be something going on, that we have to plan for, most nights. A free night on the calendar is heavenly.

So the long and short of it is, I'm envious to those ladies out there, who capture even more minutes than I do. The mini albums of summer time. A recent trip. And I will continue to pin them to my boards, and one day, might even get around to doing one...

No comments: