Monday, January 21, 2013

Behind Already

I don't know where the days go. I have good intentions... All of a sudden it's past the middle of the month. Remember when I said I wanted to be a better blogger? This isn't quite what I had in mind. I marvel at how so many gals out there, use their blogs as a tool for their lives. Maintaining a blog, is a serious time sucker... I intend to add something small, and 2 hours later, I'm still sitting in my jammies, doing a spell check.

I do have my first week of my 2013 Project Life book done. Yippee for me! I still haven't finished my title page... Have an idea in mind, and just haven't been able to execute it yet. It involves all of us, a camera and my self timer...

For now, here are my pages for week one:





My goal this year, is going to be to have a more 'hand done' feel to it. I love the look of the hand done stuff on all the other blogs I check out. This will definitely have a mixture of digital elements, and old fashioned scrapbooking [with taping, stamping, cutting, pasting, sewing, etc.] I'm also going to round corners for this book. It's another element I'm always drawn to in other people's project life books. I'm planning on using different page protectors this year, and mix them up on a regular basis.

I don't know what day I'll set aside to work on my mini layouts. Last year worked perfectly, because the weeks ran from Sunday through Saturday. This year, January 1st was on a Tuesday... I've started off the week, or 7 days, to run Tuesday through Monday... I think that will be okay. Last year I tried to put some time aside on Sundays to work on the book, perhaps I'll plan to do that this year also. 

I have week 2 ready to be sent off to be printed [the picture part] and the way I'm doing my weeks, week 3 is officially over at the end of today, and tomorrow starts week 4... Ouch... See... HOW does that happen? I'm not totally behind... Yet.

I was just going through my 'week in review' which is an idea I copied from Cathy Zielske. [Created my very own card... Have I mentioned how much I love Photoshop Elements?] Any way, I see that I have a typo tucked away in there... I HATE typos. I also hate when my darling husband points them out to me... Cause I'm only human. I make mistakes. I usually spell check what I've typed, but not always... He also loves to point out to me, that if I did my typing at normal hours and instead of at 3:00 AM, that typing errors might be less likely to happen... Nah... Doubt it. I'm a night owl... What can I say?


No comments: