Thursday, September 20, 2012

Up the Hill

I took the kids up to Nose Hill a few nights ago. The three of us were going for completely different reasons. I wanted to take some pictures and fiddle with my camera. Madelyn wanted to fill her bug catcher full of grasshoppers, and Mason wanted to walk up to Turtle Rock. [I don't know if that's what it's actually called, but I've been going up there since I was a kid, and that's what we called it. Plus, it actually looks like a turtle...]

We all got what we wanted out of our adventure. I snapped away like a crazy lady, Madelyn chased and caught bugs, and Mason got up to Turtle Rock.


I don't know if I've mentioned it or not, but this has been the Best. Summer. Ever. Now, in my mind, fall has be slotted into that category too. It's been the best Summer and Fall EVER.  Since school started, they have worn shorts [or in Miss Madelyn's case, capri pants and dresses/skirts] nearly every day. I can't believe how nice it's been. The leaves are now in full changing mode. In a few weeks, [or days, depending on the wind] all the leaves will be gone, and we will officially know that winter is on it's way... Each day that we can enjoy this nice weather is a blessing. I got up to the hill too late to take nice leaf changing colour pictures. As you can see, the sun was just about to disappear over the hill.

I seem to have an obsession with sun flares... You might guess that yourself after looking at these photos. 
 




Of course, once we got up to the rock, Madelyn scurried up it, while mason seemed content to hang out below.
 
 Or, maybe lean against it a bit.

Kind of love these silhouette type pictures of the kids. Not totally black, but dark enough to see the outline of them.




 
 He eventually climbed up and found the perfect resting spot.

 

We had fun, we usually do. Even when Madelyn fell and skinned her knees on the way down, she was in good spirits. She had a bug catcher full of grasshoppers after all. [Though today at school she fell and re-skinned them. Only a little bit worse. It warranted a trip to the office to have bandages put on] She was feeling pretty sorry for herself when she got off the bus, but then remembered those darn grasshoppers that she had to feed, and all was okay...


No comments: