Friday, September 7, 2012

First Day of School

Believe it or not, the first day of school came and went this week. It's so crazy, how at the end of June, the summer stretches out before you and seems absolutely endless... I still felt a bit saucy at the beginning of August,with another entire month before me...

And then... The days begin to get shorter as the sun disappears earlier and earlier... The mornings start to get darker too. The air begins to take a bit of a cooler edge to it. The furnace starts to come on in the morning... I said, your furnace starts to come on... Well, if you're lucky your furnace comes on. [If you're not so lucky you have to pay $200 to have someone come in, un-scheduled, to inform you that the electric ignitor on your furnace no longer works... But it immediately explains the cold air blowing in, so it's a relief all the same]

Within 4 days, you're back into the routine of making  lunches, washing all the re-usable containers that the lunches fit into, picking up kids at the bus stop, signing agenda books, nagging at kids to empty back packs when they come in the door, getting supper on the table before all our extracurricular activities began [this week we were back out the door 3 nights with Brownies, Hockey and Cub Registration] attempting to get kids snacked, bathed,  tooth-brushed and into bed at a reasonable hour..

Within 4 days summer is a distant memory... How sad is that? No wonder I love spring so much, there's just so much to look forward to!

I wanted to include a few first day of school pictures, but thought that rather than add pictures, I would just include the layout I did. I got the template for the layout here.


I can hardly get my head around the fact that these two kids are 7 and 10 years old. It seems like just yesterday they were wee. I'm hopeful this will be a terrific year for both of them!

No comments: