I caught up on my scrapbooking and to be honest, my wrists are sore.... It's not carpel tunnel, or maybe it is. A little bit. But typing hurts a bit.
I want to include pictures, but I have to alter them before posting them, and my wrists are sore.
I have sat down in front of this computer a number of times, logged in and stared at the screen, then logged out again and parked myself in front of the telly... I have NOT been watching the Bachelor. But I have been watching So You Think You Can Dance.
A lot has happened since our Canada Day Celebration a little over 3 weeks ago. I'm going to catch you up in point form... [the wrists again...]
- there has been the discovery of a new drink, a beer moijito, that I likey, more than I should... I haven't yet duplicated the taste at home, but I'm sure trying hard!
- there was a whirl-wind trip to the west coast for a week, because our vacation plans this year were cancelled. The kids loved their time at the ocean, not to mention how much their parents enjoyed it. I'll have to do another post especially for that trip.
- there has been slip and slide fun. Sadly, after this picture was taken there was an epic puncture and this bad boy will shortly be on it's way to the dump...
- there have been many searches for bugs, and nearly always a reward...
- there has been a trip to the outdoor pool, on believe it or not, not too crowded a day.
this book, which I LOVE, and highly recommend... The kids enjoy helping too, especially if we have 'themes'.
- there has been a lovely show of flowers in my garden. In past summers I've missed, usually because we've been away on vacation. This year we're home, and many of these flowers have graced our kitchen table [see above]
- there have been trips to the Farmer's Market, one actually resulting in a face painting.
- there have been trips up Nose Hill.
- there has been a visit with Gigi.
- i have enjoyed greek yogurt with fresh fruit and granola nearly every morning so far, and I'm LOVING it.
-there have been numerous trips to the library, the kids joined the reading program and are keeping track of the books they've read. [Needless to say, we spend oodles of time there]
- just chill'in... He obviously feels at home here.
- spying at her through the shelves. [I got a strange look from some woman, so immediately had to explain she was my daughter and that I'm addicted to Instagram]
- there was a backyard camp-out with Barry and the kids.
- and what's a camp out without s'mores?
- there has been the making of dill pickles, which should be ready right before school starts.
That brings you up to speed so far!