Monday, March 5, 2012

It's March

So far the month has come in like a lamb, no a lion, no a lamb, no a lion... Actually, to be honest, I don't know what it's doing. Yesterday was absolutely beautiful. We got a bit of snow the night before, and by noon it was 10°. The kids went outside with Barry and made a snowman. You know when the snow is at that perfect consistency, and you can so easily mash it together? There were some snowball fights too [much to my displeasure] but thankfully there were no tears.

This morning, we woke up to this...

To be honest, it doesn't seem like that much snow, but the city has advised that there is a snowfall warning in effect for Calgary... Good grief, say it isn't so... All the more reason to stay home. Do laundry. Dust and vacuum. Get caught up on emails. Update my blog, yadda, yadda, yadda.

This week I'm beginning Week 10 of Project Life. Can you believe it? Week 10! And I'm still loving it! It's totally not what I expected. I thought it would be really tough to keep up, and be extremely labour intensive. [Which don't get me wrong, there's a lot of time put into it] I'm just enjoying it so much. I try to kind of 'keep up' by doing a little bit every couple of days. I didn't order the official book, which comes with all the awesome page protector pockets. I've just been making little 4x6 layouts, and they slide right in the protectors I have. Usually on Sunday I get everything ready and put together, try to finalize things. Then I send the pictures off to Costco before I go to bed. Right now I have week 8 and 9 pictures at Costco, ready to be picked up! There is nothing like getting those new pictures to put in the album, I love it!

I wanted to include lots of pictures about our first trip to the mountains to ski as a family, so I added a trader card insert, and cut the pictures down. I even included the lift ticket and the map of the hill.

Martha Stewart has a new line of home office items available at Staples. I picked up one package of these 5.5 x 8.5 sheet protectors. In this I added specific things about how we celebrated Valentine's day.

I wanted to include the Valentine's Cards the kids got, so I added another trading card protector and just a 8.5x11 sheet protector.

I can't wait to add the next couple of weeks. It's shocking to me, that so much time has gone by... I'm now working on Week 10! Eeks. I love to look back and check out our every day.

No comments: