Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Extra Long Weekend

We had a fantastic long weekend. The kids were off on Thursday and Friday last week, due to teacher's convention, then Monday was Family Day.

We did a bunch of things. We met up with some Wick's on Thursday and we went to the pool. [Mason loves to be in the pool, when he's not required to swim lengths, practice his kicks and do proper dives into the water] He was thrilled to be there. No pictures however, because water and cameras just do not go hand in hand...

Friday we went up to Nakiska, this time for a full day of skiing. The day was incredible. I can't believe we were this lucky again. I hope the kids don't get lulled into thinking that's what skiing is like, because it's not... Miss Madelyn is our speed demon, Barry and I have to take turns skiing with her, and it's all I can do to keep up... Once she gets off the lift, she's heading down the hill. End of story. She doesn't see the need to stop once and awhile... Mason is our cautious one. And by cautious, I mean slow... By the end of the day however, he was somewhat less cautious and he even tucked it in a few places...




[we actually needed to buy sunscreen!]

We got 9 runs in. I thought that was pretty darn good with little kids and a lunch break. [and the pee breaks, etc, etc.]

Then, we got home from skiing and this happened...

She insisted all day, that her tooth was ready to come out. We told her it wasn't. She was right. I just hate that she's loosing the two top front teeth... My baby is losing her baby teeth...

On Saturday night, Ama & Baba took the kids for a sleep-over. It was a nice treat to have the house quiet. Kids = ruckus... My sweetie and I got out for a bite to eat, before his night out with the fellas. I stayed home and scrapbooked until the wee hours.


Sunday night we had family movie night and watched Megamind. It's cute. Of course Madelyn hides on the stairs for most of our movie nights, insisting she doesn't want to sit with us, only to recite lines and quotes from the movie all day long the next day. Even the draw of popcorn with dill pickle topping didn't lure her like it usually does. She did come eventually, and is always so glad she finally does. We're talking about having a Wizard of Oz movie night... I don't know if she'll make it through the flying monkey's or not... [Let's just say the apple doesn't fall far from the tree... There's a reason I'm so cautious as to what these kids watch]

Family Day we went skating. In past years we've gone to Bowness Park to skate on Family Day, but I doubt the ice is very good there this year. It's been so mild, so we went to an indoor rink.

We took a few pictures, which everyone is embracing and being a really good sport about. [When I took the shadow picture of us on the ski hill, I could audibly hear Mason sighing... Trust me buddy, one day you'll be glad I'm so crazy with my camera!]

With her hockey helmet on, the missing tooth looked a little less out of place.

And then, to top the day off, we finished with ice cream snacks at DQ. I had suggested going to McDonald's for a milkshake, because you know when you just feel like a milkshake? But everyone else wanted DQ. I was the odd man out, so I just went along with it. But I made a major mistake. I ordered a mini blizzard, but not my usual Cookie Dough Blizzard. No, I thought the Reece's PB Cup Blizzard looked good... It was a mistake. In the future, so as not to be disappointed, just go with what you know and like...

Now the kids are back to school, the house is quiet, and I'm trying to get things tidied up around here. We don't get a big break again until spring break at the end of March... Oh how I love my 8:30 morning get ups...

No comments: