Monday, January 30, 2012

Caught Up

Today went by in a blur. I wish I could say it was because I was so busy today, and list all the things I did. [Things like: sweep the kitchen, wash dishes, do laundry, make beds, clean kids rooms, make dinner, bake something fab for dessert] But it wasn't that kind of day at all. {Though, I did make beds.... I at least washed half the dishes in the sink... Laundry from 9:30 this morning still needs to be switched from the washer to the dryer and our supper is on the counter thawing...

So it was not because of that the day went quickly. It went quickly as I worked on the final touches of my December Daily album. Remember back in November when I said that it's not for the weak... That when you commit to doing a December Daily book it's a LOT of work. That you need to keep up and not get behind, because if you do, eeks! All true. But as it all comes together, the final product is so worth it. I have 3 more things to do, then it's finished. I'll be so pleased to put it away. [I'll be so glad that I persevered and kept on with it next Christmas] By then, the memory of just exactly HOW MUCH work is involved is a bit dull... I need to figure out how to simplify it even more. I thought I had done that this year with making most of it digital, but it still seemed like a ginormous project. I'll post a few pictures once the final touches are completed.

Speaking of ginormous projects... I'm still working on my project life for 2012. I love it. But it too needs a crazy amount of time put aside. I've been successful, because I've tried to keep up each day. I can't imagine getting behind on this project...

I was a bit reluctant to do this. Then I saw so many great examples on different blogs, that I became quite passionate about it. I had intended to use this platform, to do more cutting/pasting/placing etc. Now that I pretty much just stick to digital scrapbooking, I do miss the physical putting things together. But that's not exactly how it's turned out. It's more digital than I would have liked. I'd like it to be more a mixture of both. I just find it easier to 'create' things in PSE, than to go and buy elements I like or want. Plus, to be honest, the scrapbook store I go to, just doesn't have the great product you find on-line. So I make the elements instead. I don't know why I'm fretting about this, it's WAY cheaper... Last weeks pictures cost me $1.23 from Costco... Can't complain that I'm spending too much with that price.

I guess I was looking forward to creating things physically a bit more. But, I look back at the 4 weeks I've done already, and I'm pleased with the result.

Here's the first 4 weeks of my 2012 Project Life:


What I have noticed though, since starting this project, is that I use my iphone all the time, to capture instagram shots [which i LOVE] But I have hardly picked up my camera at all in the past month. Considering I usually have about 350 pictures a month, that's a little bit shocking. Yikes, I have 60 pictures for January, that's it...

Plus, it feels like stuff I talk about on my blog is redundant. I guess it's only redundant for me. So I still kind of have to figure how everything fits together.

So far though, I'm loving this project, and I don't feel like it's too daunting at this point. I'll let you know how I'm feeling in another month or so...




No comments: