Saturday, December 31, 2011

One Little Word for 2012

I have spent a lot of time, thinking about my word for the next year. It's not something I've ever decided on a whim, a lot of thinking goes behind it. Having said that, I came into December not really sure what my word would be. There are a few words that have made themselves known to me, but nothing seemed to really stick.

Until last night.

I was laying in bed, listening to my ipod, and suddenly the word Renew popped into my head. The next song that played, opened up with this verse:

the mist is lifting slowly, i can see the way ahead

And I thought, of course.... Renew...

For some reason this word resonates with me. Deeply. And so without a shadow of a doubt, I have chosen my word for 2012.

I plan to follow along with Ali Edwards, One Little Word class, through BPS. [I'm planning on following last years prompts, I'm not purchasing the new class for 2012] I started out strong with the class last year, with my word, faith, but for a lot of reasons, didn't keep it up. I hope to do a better job for 2012.

Happy New Year! All the best for 2012!


No comments: