Monday, December 19, 2011

Keeping UP - December Daily 2011

I have been doing my best, to keep up to date with the December Daily book I'm working on. It's time consuming. So many things at this time of year are time consuming. This year, I thought I would try a mostly digital format, but it's still time consuming. I know that once I get it all put together, I'll be glad I did it. I know it's a fantastic keepsake to look back at each year. All four of us have enjoyed looking at the previous years books [I've done the past two years] When you're in the every day of life, it's hard to sometimes see how your life is changing, but to look back at a 4 year old girl and a 7 year old boy, the changes are obvious. For that very reason, I'm glad I decided to do it again this year. I'm going to wait to print the pages, after I'm finished them all. I was going to send it off to be printed in 2 batches, but decided to just wait. After all, then I'd have to pay for shipping twice. I have been sending things to be printed at here at Persnickety and I can't say good enough things about the results. I'm very pleased with the quality of their work.

I have the last of my Christmas cards ready to be dropped off at the post office. Do I have stamps yet? Of course not, I like to wait until the last week before Christmas, it would seem, so myself and 45 other snarly people can stand in line in winter coats/mitts at the post office.

Now having said that, I haven't even pulled out my Columbia down-filled jacket intended for grisly cold temperatures yet. It's been so mild! Last year it was SO cold... The poor kids couldn't be out at recess or lunch because of the windchill. We've got a month of nicer weather under our belts, and we're well past half way into December, how lucky! When winter lasts for what seems like 6 months, we feel pretty lucky to get break.

Our crazy elf Calvin, has been up to his mischievous antics also. Never a dull moment around our house in the morning.

Calvin will only be with us until Christmas Eve... He's been so much fun this year, and little bit of trickster. I'm going to miss him when he goes.


No comments: