Sunday, December 11, 2011

11 on the 11th of December, 2011

This is my last 11 on the 11th entry of the year!

1. You know you're old when you have the following conversation with your six year old...
mg - "Mummy, what year were you born in? Did it start with a 2?
me - "No, it started with a 1 9..."
mg - "Wow... Did you have tv when you were a kid?
me - "Of course I had tv when I was a kid.
mg - "I bet your tv had those metal sticks on the top [antenna]

2. Pinterest has ruined me. I have so many great ideas, and there are not enough hours in the day to do them all...

3. There's no denying the magic that happens at this time of year... I particularly love this photo I found on, where else, Pinterest.


4. Even though it's cold here, and it gets dark early here. I'm thankful that I don't live closer to the North Pole, where we'd be lucky to see the sun for an hour a day.

5. Got my Christmas cards ready to send out. Now I just have to send them out.

6. I had my very first Starbucks Caramel Brulee Latte, but that's the last time I spend $5 on a coffee... It's not that good... but I get so sucked into Starbucks, cause I love their Christmas campaigns every year.


7. Going to the malls right now, is beginning to become like an Olympic Event... Do you have the stamina and patience it takes, to wait in line longer than the person in front of you? I am about 90% finished my shopping... Maybe I'll do the last 10% on-line...

8. It came without ribbons, it came with out tags, it came without packages, boxes or bags. - Grinch. Madelyn keeps walking around the house saying this...

9. Can't wait to watch Polar Express with the kids... [Madelyn also promised she'd watch Elf this year, after last years disastrous attempt to have family movie night]

Source: google.com via Nikole on Pinterest




10. The other day, I thanked Mason for being such a big helper lately, and for making his bed. He looked at me for a few moments, without saying anything... And finally I said "what?" He said, "You're not doing that sarcastic thing are you?" Of course I wasn't, I really meant it! But perhaps I ought to rein in the sarcastic comments a bit...

11. I want this little guy under my Christmas tree this year...



No comments: