Friday, November 11, 2011

11 on the 11th of November, 2011

1. Today is 11-11-11... That won't happen again in my lifetime. It also happens to be Remembrance Day. Our family Barry and I watched the ceremony from Ottawa, tears streamed down my cheeks for a good portion of it. Once you become a mother, the idea of losing your child to war, is heartbreaking. There were women who lost multiple children to war... One lady lost her 5 sons in WWI. I can't even fathom that. While we were watching Miss Madelyn was busy at the kitchen table. Here was her contribution to Remembrance Day.


2. I am finally starting to feel like a human being again today, after being hit by a freight train dreadful head cold. It came on hard and fast, and I spent most of Wednesday and Thursday in the horizontal position. THAT is why it's awesome that both kids are in school full time.

3. I am spending WAY TOO MUCH TIME on Pinterest... Have you checked it out? It's insanely mildly addicting... Check it out my pins here... Ay-yi-yi....

4. I've been watching this season's Battle of the Blades. It's been fabulous. I'm in awe how these hockey players have turned into figure skaters. Seriously, if you just turned on the tv and didn't know what you were watching, you'd be positive you were watching figure skating guys. I'm pulling for Tanith and Boyd to win on Monday night.

5. I'm beginning to see hints of Christmas all around... I want to do another December Daily this year, but it's SO MUCH WORK... Having said that, I absolutely LOVE looking back to the years gone by... I just have to take the time to get it together, before December hits, or else look out. Already our calendar is starting to fill up, and I find that kind of overwhelming. This girl makes me want to not hedge and just go for it...


6. I took a photography course last weekend. It was all about getting off of auto mode and having a little bit more control. Creating the kind of pictures you want, by using apertures and shutter speeds to your advantage. I learned about a few buttons I didn't even realize I had on my camera. Now having said all that, I've used my camera very little since the class. It was overwhelming to say the least, but I'd like to try and utilize some of what I learned.


7. This year, for Christmas, if I could get away with it, I'd get rid of everything we have and start over. I'm totally into turquoise for some reason... I know that I can't get rid of everything and start over... Wouldn't it be dreamy if I could? I do have my Christmas Card template set up and ready to go... [guess the colour] Now I just have to get some pictures lined up. Just because I'm not starting over, doesn't mean I don't love the color scheme I see in my minds eye...


8. Speaking of documenting life... I would really like to do another project365. In 2010 I documented the whole year, day by day. It was HUGE... I won't pretend that it wasn't a lot of work, it was... But I see other blogs, that are documenting their daily lives via Becky Higgins Project Life, and I'm in awe... To remember the every day things... The details that we don't think we'll forget, but do... I love to look back at the year I documented, even though I came into this year thinking 'thank goodness I'm not doing that again...' I could capture how Madelyn calls head phones 'ear muffs' or how she genuinely thinks that it's Justin Beaver, not Bieber... I want to have it in me, I just don't know if I do or not...


9. I thought recently, that I'd like to create a recipe book, through an on-line company such as Shutterfly, one for me and each of the kids, of all our favourite recipes... And then I remembered, they both like 4 things, so I might hold onto that thought for a later date...

10. I don't mean to brag... But I have most of my Christmas shopping done...

11. Tonight we had Family game night. We played a game called Cuponk. I googled the game, for more information, I typed in top kids games of the 2011, and ALL the hits came up as video games.[ Xbox 360°, Wii, Kinect, ipad, iphone, itouch, PC, Nintendo DS...] Eeks... We can play without the aid of an electric device right? We had fun, there wasn't any tears and there were a few pictures to boot.

[no one was harmed playing games tonight, everyone is still in tact]

No comments: