Sunday, September 4, 2011

Trying Stuff

I took the kids to Fish Creek Park yesterday. It was lovely, though the wind was a bit cool. It would seem that fall has arrived. Mason has a homework assignment we've been working on all summer, to get to places all around Alberta. The Ranche at Fish Creek Park being one of places on his list. So away we went, with camera in hand, of course.

I also came across a diy tutorial, on creating an action in PSE, it's the Coffeeshop Sunny Pop Action and Unwrapped tutorial. You can read about it here. So of course, I had to try it out. And to be honest... I think I'm in love... This action is to add warmth and boost contrast, and I think it does both quite nicely. I would have to say, I'm a bit more than intrigued about altering pictures than I ever was. I just wish the whole part of photoshop didn't scare me so much!

So, here are few of the pictures I altered, they are before and after, though I didn't label them that:

I LOVE the red wooden building, but the kids were less than pleased to pose for me. They've had enough of the camera... It's been a long time coming. I don't know if I'm totally crazy about this action on the red, but it's definitely growing on me, but check out the next couple of shots.

Mason has mastered making the face, just as I release the shutter. Seriously, every time. And it's pretty funny. I guess I'd hate a camera in my face all the time too.

And not to be left out:

Yup, she's a card too. I love how this action works on the white background. LOVE it. Makes me want to alter a ton of pictures! It's just completely changes the picture. So there, that's what I've got.


No comments: