Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Back to School Cheat....

I did something the other day. I staged our 'back to school' photos. Why? Because it was 29° and gorgeous outside, and the forecast for Thursday called for 15° with the possibility of rain. Besides, I try to cram so much into the morning of the first day of school, I thought why not just loosen up, and not get all carried away with my camera. [If you believe me right now, have I got something I could sell you] Because of course I'll be snapping pictures like a crazy woman tomorrow morning.

But, it poured rain all day today, and the temperature was at best 9°, so for the time being, I'm patting myself on the back for having these pictures already done!

Two kids are bathed, clean and in bed. [It's 10:27 pm right now, and Miss Madelyn is still talking in her room, she is so excited about tomorrow] Clothes are laid out for the morning. Back packs are ready to go. Muffins have been made, lunch boxes are out. Snacks are ready. Breakfast has been decided [french toast] and tomorrow they start back to school. Phew.

I'm undecided about how I feel... I mean, I know they're ready to get back into their routines [as am I] We had a great summer, and it's time to wrap it up. I just can't believe Mason is going to be in Grade 4, and that my baby will be starting Grade 1. Now having said that, I'm wondering if I'll be the only Mummy there in the morning, that will be ready to pop the cork on a bottle of champagne when that bell rings... I guess we'll see what tomorrow brings.

No comments: