Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Texture Tuesday - June 14th

Right now our city is in the middle of a battle. An epic battle. We're at war with nature. It's us against them. I'm sad to say, we're losing the battle. Dandelions are taking over the city. It's such an eye sore. I guess the blooms look nice against the green grass [until there's over 100,000 of them] And then what comes next... the seed stage. And both my kids go berserk over blowing the seeds of these little pesky weeds, which doesn't help matters any...

The only good thing that can come from all these weeds, is a picture... Here is the little park by our house, FULL of dandelions [and mosquito's] Isn't that a pity? It's just little white puffs as far as the eye can see...


But here, for just one moment, it actually looks beautiful...

[picture altered using silence texture]

I'm linking to Kim's Texture Tuesday, for more information, click the link below.

kimklassencafe

6 comments:

patty said...

i think dandylions can look pretty, too, sometimes. just not in my yard. ;) i battle them all spring and summer long.
nice capture~
visiting from sweet shot tuesday

Carletta said...

I knew from the thumbnail image in the link that I would LOVE this shot! I do.
I clicked to enlarge it which makes it really lovely. I highly recommend anyone who doesn't to go back and take another look. :)

Jennifer@threedogsinagarden said...

I have a soft spot for dandelions. Nice work using the textures.

Cedar said...

Really very pretty! Love how you were able to get exactly one dandelion in focus.

The Mudmom said...

Gorgeous picture and I LOVE Dandelions especially pictures of them. Thanks for sharing :)

deb duty said...

That is amazing! They do make for some pretty pictures! They must not grow well in my climate because I had to search and search this spring before I found one to take a pic of. Love your photos!