Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Hello June...

Can you believe it's June 1st? My kids only have 17 1/2 days of school left... Zoowemama! [Only applicable if you'd read the Diary of a Wimpy Kid books] I don't know where the time has gone. Gosh, that's a recurring theme on my blog isn't it? The slipping away of time... It seems like I just got my little girl settled into Kindergarten, and Grade One is just around the corner... And how can it be that Mason will be starting Grade Four in the fall. Eeks. It seems like just yesterday that he was starting school himself.

This is going to be a crazy busy month. I'm volunteering in the school. I'm going on Field trips. I'm helping with provincial exams in the middle of the month. I'll be helping out in the library at the end of the month. [Huge job getting all those books back and doing an inventory of everything] I'm on the countdown to having a few hours in the morning alone, and an afternoon just hanging with the girl. Then summer will arrive, and I'll be bombarded with the "I'm boreds..." I hope I'm not the only one that with that one simple statement my blood begins to boil. Seriously, with everything my kids have, they have the audacity to say I'm bored... So, this year, I'm going to create a jar... And every time someone claims to be 'bored' they can go to the jar and pick out something to do. The only stipulation will be that they have to do whatever task/activity they pull out. I'm not filling it full of extra special stuff. 'Cause I'm not that Mum.

They'll say things like, 'clean your room', 'play with chalk', 'go for ice cream', 'vacuum your room', or 'ride bikes for an hour', 'sort through toy bins', 'go to the outdoor pool', 'visit the zoo'

I have a feeling, that we won't use the bored jar an awful lot, especially if the first thing we pull out is 'clean your room' but I might be surprised... Currently, if the dreaded "I'm bored" happens, I ramble off a number of ideas to which nearly all are met with eyes crossed and a scowl. Seriously, if you don't want my ideas, don't ask!

Anywhooooo enough about that. I'm planning another birthday party. This time for Mace, and yes, it's another home party. Sheesh... You'd think I'd learn. I'm in party mode, planning for a bunch of 8 and 9 year old boys... Sweet Mother of Pearl, what have I gotten myself into?
But to be honest, I say that mostly tongue-in-cheek, 'cause I love planning parties for the kids. This birthday theme is going to be Lego. I think we're nearing the end of theme parties. Though he was cool with a Lego party. [I don't know if it was because he really wanted it, or I really wanted to do it...] In any case, he agreed to it, and plans are under way. I'm super excited. It's going to be so much fun. Sadly, I know the themes will be gearing down. I asked him today if he would be embarrassed wearing this shirt...

Oddly enough his answer was an enthusiastic YES! I do like to tease a bit...

So hello to you June, and please bring on the heat!

No comments: