Thursday, April 21, 2011

A Surprise Day Off

Unbeknownst to me, initially, my kids have today off. I suppose I just kind of scanned April's newsletter home from school, or I would have picked up on that a lot sooner. [Don't worry, I didn't get up and send them to school this morning, they're home and in jammies] But I did have a few things planned to do this morning. A few things that would have been nice to do on my own [wink, wink]. Now, I'll have to plan a quick evening out... All by myself... Too bad... [Not]

Thankfully I found out at noon on Tuesday, that Wednesday would be the last day before Easter break. So I switched into high gear and made these.

Just a little chocolate sum'thin, sum'thin for the teachers. For the first time, I didn't do something for the kids classmates [Mason was disappointed] But there's just too many kids now. He has 29-30 in his class, and now she has 18... 50 treats... Just gets way too timely [not to mention a bit costly] And long gone are the days of class room parties and rice krispie treats. [Well, we did do that for Halloween in Kindergarten, but that was a rarity]

But, the disappointment was momentarily forgotten, with the arrival of yet another package in the mail. Talk about excitement when they find this sitting on the kitchen table.


Full of all sorts of goodies. Funnies as mason and Ama call them [also referred to as comics] stickers, silly bandz, a book, more stickers and this time, some fun face masks. I'm sure the masks were meant for the reverse, for him to have the spider, and her to have the ladybug, but nope. She flat out refused the ladybug. She "loves spiders"... [her words, not mine] And sweet Mason, being as good-natured as he is, just went with it. Thank you sweet boy, for being so kind.



We're eagerly awaiting the arrival of Ama & Baba. Travel safely, we can't wait to see you!

No comments: