Monday, April 11, 2011

11 on the 11th April, 2011

1. We are very fortunate, because we have people around us, family actually, that love our kids. And we are also very fortunate to be in the same city as said family members. And we love that they love our kids as much as we do... Now having said that, when my children go for a sleep over, they stay up WAY TOO LATE, eat WAY TOO MUCH JUNK, and wake up the next morning WAY TO EARLY. And then they come home... And we're seriously trying to decide whether it's worth it to have a night off, to have the next day be an absolute NIGHTMARE... [And no, we're not exaggerating...] Check out this face that only a mother can love...

2. We woke up this morning to a glorious blue sky. There was not a breath of wind, the birds were chirping, I sat and had my morning coffee [after the kids left for school of course] in the sun. Unfortunately, it never lasts. Now the skies are grey, there's a kind of snow/hail/rain mixture falling. **Update** the clouds did end up clearing up again, but the wind didn't stop.

3. I am getting much better at not feeling so intimidated by the teachers at the kids school. [This has taken me 4 years]

4. In the past 12 days, I've watched 3 different friends anticipate the arrival of an 'all-inclusive' vacation. I'm very much wanting to get away. This winter has been killer.

5. YouTube is awesome. You can figure out just about anything these days. I've taken up crocheting recently, and it's actually been successful. That's because rather than read the instructions, I can watch the instructions. [over and over and over, if I have to]


6. Speaking of YouTube, check out this video here. It's a 'flash-mob' in Toronto's Eaton Centre. See if you can watch it without tears streaming down your cheeks. [It was organized by a gal who'd lost a close friend to cancer at age 31, it was a tribute to her]

7. My Mum & Dad are itching to head back to home... They've been without their grand kids [and kids] for long enough. The kids were thrilled to Skype the first few times, and now they can't be bothered to stop what they're doing and come to the computer. What this means for Barry especially, is all the good old fashioned home-style cooking will come to a screeching halt [as I try to make it home from Winner's in time to pick up the boy from the bus!]

8. I have decided that this year is going to be about me. You read right. Me. I've been a full-time SAHM for 6 years. And in the past 6 years, it's been all about everyone else. I know it sounds kind of petty... [Or hopefully it doesn't?] Any way, you should have seen the look on every one's face a couple of weeks ago when we had Broccoli soup for dinner [rather than tomato soup, the usual that everyone else always wants] Broccoli soup was what I wanted for a change... [I'm not saying there won't be a coup]

9. I had planned to do a 4x11 segment this year... A family picture of the 4 of us, each month. Well, I called it 4x11 because I forgot about it in January. I did it in February, and forgot again in march. So much for the idea this year.

10. I tend to have so many more pictures of Miss Maddy. That is because she's home with me so much. I wonder what next year is going to bring, while they're both at school all day [aside from pure joy] P.S. I could never home school.


11. Sad little buddy... We've all had an off couple of days. Hoping all our moods get better, perhaps with more spring-like weather!

I know I've spent many a blogs, complaining concerned about Madelyn. Well, we've had a good run. It's been like 6 weeks of good. And yesterday evil reared it's ugly head again. Fitting that I was at the library on Saturday and picked up this book. [it had been on hold for quite some time] I remember thinking to myself, maybe I don't need this book... Today, I'm glad I picked it up.



No comments: