Sunday, January 16, 2011

At long last...

290 loads of laundry... Not quite as impressive as 6,500 pictures for the year, but still, a fairly notable number. If I had done a load a day [which I didn't] that would have been quite something, to miss only 75 out of 365 days...

My laundry documenting for 2010, has done nothing but make me question why ON EARTH have I never done anything with my laundry room? [On account of how much time I spend in there and all...] And I seem to be on a bit of a decorating kick lately... That's right, decorating. Don't laugh too hard. I don't have a clue how to decorate myself, and I certainly don't have knack for it, or a flair. But I do have eyes, and I see things I like. Simple as that. And then I try to re-create them at home. Simple as that. What I've learned, is I don't need to have a knack or a flair, I just need to be able to re-create...

One of my most favourite new terms is this one: DIY [Do It Yourself] And that's exactly what I'm doing... Trying things, doing stuff myself, stepping out of my comfort zone.

Now, having said that, with my new eyes, seeing things differently, liking different ideas and styles, paying more attention to object placement, can you imagine how my poor eyes began to burn, when I walked into our laundry room and saw this:


And so, a monster has been released. The state of my laundry room, will just not do another moment longer. I have had a vision and I'm in the process of trying to re-create it. Stay tuned.

No comments: