Wednesday, October 20, 2010

For Today - October 20th, 2010

Outside my window... Bright and sunny. October has been absolutely GLORIOUS.

I am thinking... I only have a week and a bit left, to get all the 'baking' of sugar cookies done in time for Halloween.

I am thankful for... my husband, who let's me live the life I've become accustomed to [thanks Hun]

I am wearing...Jeans, long sleeved turtle neck and a my new grey sweater.

I am remembering... The days when the kids were little, and every day wasn't a mad house around here, with getting up, and getting sorted out, getting fed, getting lunches ready and getting to school on time. Sheesh, it's a lot of work first thing in the morning.

I am going... to have a quiet morning at home alone tomorrow. First time this week. It's been hectic to say the least.

I am currently reading... A book I picked up on a whim at the library, called Leopard Rock. I read the back cover [I usually go by the title] and realized it's a 'romance novel'. Too funny.

I am hoping... The weather will stay amazing for Halloween. It's so nice when the kids don't need to be bundled up when they head out to Trick and Treat.

On my mind...I'm making a delicious smelling concoction, it's in the crock-pot right now. The house smells WONDERFUL. I hope it tastes that good. It's a recipe called Asian Peanut Butter Pork.

Noticing that... As the kids get older, it's getting to be more and more fun spending fun, silly moments together. It's so cool to watch these personalities come into their own a bit.

Pondering these words... All I know for sure is today.

From the kitchen...It smells so good in hear, I've already mentioned the food!! We'll be having salad and new potatoes with it. Mmmmm....

Around the house...My house smells clean, and looks clean. Rose was here today. I can enjoy this until Mason gets home at 3:45 pm.

One of my favorite things: The sun is still hot. In another month it won't be. It feels so good, and I'm just enjoying it so much. I feel so thankful for October, I just wish we still had our leaves.

From my picture journal...



No comments: