Saturday, October 2, 2010

My Favorite Month...

Ok - how do you like the new banner on top? I'm loving it! I've decided that I have just as much fun creating a new banner as anything else, so I'm going to try and do a new one each month. Fun!

As you know, we've entered my favorite month... October. And it's not because of the crunchy leaves underfoot. It's not because of the warm days and chilly nights. It's not because of the Harvest moon. Nope. It's because of Halloween. I just LOVE Halloween. I decorate the house up every year [is it bad that I enjoy decorating for Halloween even more than Christmas?] Last year I had this conversation with Mason.

Mace: "Mum, I like our Halloween decorations, but they're too cute-sy"
Me: "Pardon?"
Mace: "Don't get me wrong, I like the decorations, but they need to be scarier".
Me: "Oh..."

So, this year, I'm attempting to get scarier... Wish me luck. First of all, here is a photo of the 2 of them, this ought to freak them out a little bit... [Have I mentioned how much I'm loving Photoshop??]

Vamp Boy

Vamp Girl

Pretty creepy huh? But awesomely creepy if you ask me. What with how popular vampires are and all. So, the last few weeks, I've been looking for super creepy/spooky stuff. I'll try to keep you updated with how that goes.

Here's a layout I finished, of our walk up on Nose Hill last week. Love how it turned out.

There's no doubt about it, I'm loving the digital side of things these days. I wouldn't say it's any faster for me. I still spend as long, per page, but I lay in bed with visions of layouts floating through my dreams.

If I knew then, what I knew now, I might have gone a whole different route in school. Graphic design TOTALLY appeals to me. How lucky that I can fiddle with it, create my own cards, invites and scrapbook layouts.

No comments: