Thursday, September 9, 2010

So Quiet...

What's that noise? Err, rather LACK of NOISE... Oh, right, that would be the QUIET. After being a SAHM for 5 years, to be honest, the quiet is a bit unsettling. Don't get me wrong... I'm not going to do anything rash. After all, the kids have only been in school for 5 days. It is just a bit odd, to have a quiet house every single morning. But I think I'm really going to like it... Yes. I KNOW I'm really going to like it.

After 2 days at school last week, we got ready for our first long weekend of the 2010-2011 school year. On holiday Monday [Labor Day] we went to the Cochrane Parade. It's fantastic to go to a small town parade, the highlight for the kids of course, is that they throw candy to them. They now know to sit patiently on the curb, and hold out baseball caps which, by the end of the parade, are full of loot.

It might be obvious from the pictures, but it was COLD. However, considering how hard it rained the night before, the fact that there was sun and blue skies, was quite amazing. And it did warm up after a while. Slowly hats, mitts and layers began to come off.

I look at these two and think "the apple didn't fall far from the tree". She insisted on wearing Mason's old hat (AND his coat AND his old hiking boots) Except for her long 'golden hair', some might have thought we had two little boys with us. And actually, long hair seems to be all the rage right now, so perhaps that is what people thought. When she takes her hat off however, she's unmistakeably a little girl.

In this picture, it's beginning to warm up! Hats are coming off. Mitts are coming off!

So, now that I have MORNINGS to myself, which I've thought about for a long time; I'm going to do my best do use them to my full advantage. This morning I came home after dropping kids off at school and did this video.

Now I'm sitting at my computer, and muscles are shaking... That's a good sign, no? This video is awesome, she kicks your butt via the tv, but only for 20 minutes. After that 20 minutes is over, you may feel like you're gonna die... Then once you haul your sweaty self up to the shower, you start to feel good about it. Like you've actually done something good for yourself. I'm hoping to do this 3x a week. Just for some 'toning up'. I will NOT be losing 20 lbs in 30 days. That is not my intention at all. [But, if I'm being honest, I wouldn't mind sporting Jillian's abs myself]. Having said that, I'm pretty sure Jillian has not had babies... So I'll work with what I have and hope for the best!

No comments: