Monday, September 20, 2010

For Today - 20 on the 20th September 2010

Outside my window... Grey gloomy skies. Cold arctic wind. 4°.

I am thinking... It would be blissful to head on a tropical vacation somewhere right about now. Having said that, it's hurricane season, so I think we'll hold off.

I am thankful for... my kettle, a great big mug and a lovely warm cup of tea.

I am wearing...Jeans, long sleeved tee, a sweater and this morning I picked up Madelyn in my Uggs. Guess what, my feet weren't cold.

I am remembering... To send in volunteer information to the school.

I am going... to go upstairs and make chocolate chip cookies with Madelyn.

I am currently reading... A few pages left in the book, Are you There Vodka? It's me Chelsea. Perhaps one of the most hilarious, vulgar books I've read in a long time.

I am hoping... The rain will stop, the skies will part, and we can see the sun.

On my mind... I need to go for groceries... But I hate to leave the warmth of my home.

Noticing that... The furnace is on more often than off. And I'm so thankful I don't have to add wood or coal to keep my house warm.

Pondering these words... The happiness of your life, depends on the quality of your thoughts. All we'll ever have is now.

From the kitchen...On the menu tonight, home-made Vietnamese, with pork and rice noodles.

Around the house...It's quiet these days. Well, mornings that is. I'm enjoying the quiet very much.

One of my favorite things: Baking. Now that the days are getting chilly, I'm looking forward to baking more.

From my picture journal...





No comments: