Wednesday, July 21, 2010

For Today - July 20th, 2010

Outside my window... The sun is shining. It disappeared for the first few days after we returned from our vacation, I actually hat to put socks on... But it's shining bright today!

I am thinking... I need to get a few 'outings' organized for my kids. We need to do at least 2 per week, or my "work from home" husband might lose his mind.

I am thankful for... summer holidays. Late nights, late mornings... Total bliss.

I am wearing... A skirt and a shirt, LOVE SUMMER.

I am remembering... To phone and confirm about next weeks summer camps for the kids (that's right, plural. Camps for the kids.... teeheehee)

I am going... to the library and to get groceries today, with two kids in tow... Should be fun.

I am currently reading... Allison Scotch Winn's book called The One that I Want. I JUST started it, but so far so good.

I am hoping... We have gorgeous weather for the rest of the summer. I also hope we'll get out in the boat a few more times. Like Barry said, "Who says it has to be on a weekend?"

On my mind... How much more clutter there is, when no one is at school every day. I'm very used to the Tasmanian Devil living here in my home [aka Madelyn] and the constant path of destruction in her wake. I'm just not as used to the path of destruction, x2.

Noticing that... If I don't get that darn Rhubarb cut down, it's going to be useless. Of course I have already made Phantom Rhubarb Muffins, from one of my Best of Bridge recipe books. Very, very good.

Pondering these words... [2 Corinthians 4:18] So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.

From the kitchen...For supper made Chicken Caesar Salad. I LOVE salads as a meal, and the summer is the perfect time to do it. It was one of these new kits, we got it as a freebie. It was okay. I don't know I'd run out to by it... But I would try one of the other flavors Greek Chicken and Southwest Chicken appeal to me.

Around the house... Did I mention about the clutter? And the toys? There is never a shortage of things to do, and the grass needs cut... And do I do it? Because it is blue work... And I don't want to give the impression that I'd be happy to take that particular job over. At the same time, I'm sleeping in, we're having lazy days, simply relaxing, and it would help Barry out. Then he wouldn't have to do it on the weekend, and we could just 'hang out'. But then I'm back to It's blue work...

One of my favorite things: Staying up later than I should to scrapbook... Because I know I get to sleep in. It's one of my perks of the summer for sure!

From my picture journal...






No comments: