Thursday, July 22, 2010

Date Night

I went on a date last night, with my husband. It's been awhile, so it was a really nice treat. He took me to Earl's for dinner, where I had my new favorite item on the menu the: Grilled Chicken and Baked Brie Ciabatta. It's a grilled chicken breast with melted brie, roasted apples, spinach, sweet fig jam, garlic mayonnaise all on a house baked ciabatta bun. It looks like this in real life:


And it's seriously one of those Yumm-O meals. I'm going to try my hardest to duplicate this little gem, then I could have it more than once every few months! This recipe is what nudged Earl's up to top spot of favorite places to go on date night. My previous favorite used to be Joey Tomato's, strictly for the Lettuce Wraps, but I have since mastered those at home.

After dinner we went to Starbuck's/Chapters for a coffee and a mooch around. It was like old times last night. Life before kids. It's something we used to do A LOT while we were dating and before the rug rats came along.

Then, to top the evening off [like it could get any better] We came home and watched a movie. This movie to be exact...

And though it was good, I'll be honest, I was awake a few times last night, thinking of grisly things I'd rather not be thinking about at 2:30 am...

It was a perfect Wednesday in the middle of summer! Thanks Hun!

No comments: