Thursday, June 3, 2010

On Strike...

This is what my laundry room looks like right now....

Enough said...

I thought I'd try a little experiment. The experiment was this: What if I stop doing laundry? What would happen? Well here's the answer. Nothing. It just makes more. And more. And more. And it would seem I'm the only one able to use and understand those clothes cleaning machines...

I haven't tried a picket line yet. I wonder if that would make all the difference? Or perhaps I should hide all the clean undies... Then I'll bet the pile of laundry would be noticed. But would anything be done about it?

Remember my word for 2010 was document? Remember that? Well I've been trying to document things the best I can. I started off thinking I'd document the following things: How many times I got groceries. How many meals out we eat. With what regularity we ate fast food (which is almost nil I'm pleased to announce) How many loads of laundry. How many times on the treadmill. How many movies we watched. Yadda, yadda, yadda. But it's a lot of work, all that keeping track of stuff. And I'll be honest, if it was for a month, easy-peasy. But for the whole year, well, I just don't have it in me. The one thing I've kept track of however, is laundry. And, to the end of May (NEARLY half way through the year) I've done.....[drum roll please]

115 Loads of Laundry from January 1st - May 31st, 2010.

That's 115 loads of sorting, washing, drying, folding and putting away... Yes, I certainly would appreciate some recognition. Is that so bad? Considering that to the end of May is a total of 151 days, I think 115 loads of laundry is pretty impressive.

As I type this blog, the washing machine is washing like crazy. The dryer is drying, and the pile of clothes is beginning to diminish. Sometimes you want to make a stand, and then you realized, it's just easier to keep quiet, and keep up with the laundry.

No comments: