Saturday, June 19, 2010

Last Week of School

Can you believe we're heading into the last week of school for the 2009/2010 season? I can't. Right now I have a child in grade two and a little one in preschool... In the fall, I'll have a child in grade three and my baby will be starting kindergarten...

When we were having these kids, education was the furthest thing from our minds. When we were having these kids, school was a long way down the road... When we were having these kids, I had no idea time would slip away this quickly. When we were having these kids, the days of fussy babies seemed all encompassing, and never ending. When we were having these kids I had no idea what having them flex their independence, would feel like. When we were having these kids, I never knew how fleeting the time of their 'littleness' would be...

It's both exciting and heartbreaking, at the same time. I can't ever go back, but at the same time, I have so much to look forward to. I can't believe that Mason will be 8 years old, in just under a week, and Miss Madelyn just turned 5. What sticks out in my head the most? This...


Why this image? I don't know. Maybe because it was such a HUGE transition to add another person to our family. To go from a family of 3, to a family of 4. Perhaps I was that nervous about how Mason would handle a new baby [though I didn't have to be, it turned out he is a phenomenal big brother.] We had moved to a NEW house, something so different and foreign for me... I don't know why, but THIS image, is what I remember most of my kids little baby years, and I do mourn it (in a good way)

This is what today looks like. It still shocks me to see these two looking so grown up. A handsome boy, a beautiful girl, and an Ama that loves them both ever so much. It seems like in a nano-second we're here. I honestly don't know where the time has gone. [Not that we haven't gotten here without any frustrations, there are plenty of those indeed]. But here we are, in any case, and looking at the first picture of a 3 year old Mason and a few week old Madelyn, it seems like only yesterday.

No comments: