Sunday, June 20, 2010

For Today - June 20th 2010

Outside my window... The most beautiful sunset. LOVE that golden light. And it's late, 9:37 pm, love this time of year, when the days are long... And the windows are open. And the birds are singing. And you can hear kids outside playing. And you can smell the flowers... Love it, love it, love it.

I am thinking... This next week is going to go by so fast. It's the last week of school, and the kids are both completely wound up.

I am thankful for... the fact that we're able to get away for a few weeks on a family vacation this summer.

I am wearing... Shorts and a blouse! The weekend was nice if you can believe it!

I am remembering... That I have to get Madelyn's class gifts ready to give out tomorrow afternoon.

I am going... to Madelyn's Preschool Graduation tomorrow...

I am currently reading... nothing, I'm in between books. I have one ready to go by Katherine Center, Get Lucky. Her last one was great, so I'm looking forward to it.

I am hoping... That we have seen the last of the week-long rains.

On my mind... How much I have to get organized before my kids are both home full time and looking at me for things to do.

Noticing that... The garden is coming along quite nicely, and my herbs are growing like crazy! Can't wait to use them in something!

Pondering these words... May the force be with you... [Star Wars] Mason got more Star War's Lego for his birthday. That kid STILL loves Star Wars, and we're a good 2 1/2 years into the love affair!

From the kitchen... Had a wonderful dinner tonight, had family over to celebrate Mason's 8th birthday. Lots of left overs for the next few days, means a very skimpy menu plan [yippee!] Not too much work on my end!

Around the house... The list is never-ending. Always something to do. I have all the usual things to do, plus the yard was neglected this weekend, and the lawn is in dire need of a cut [totally a blue job] I hate leaving all the yard work for weekends, but with soccer 4 nights a week, we don't have much time to spare.

One of my favorite things: Tomorrow is the summer solstice... Longest day of the year. LOVE the long days, and light nights. I think I'm solar powered.

From my picture journal...




No comments: