Tuesday, February 9, 2010

10 on the 10th - February 2010

1.It’s sunny today, the first time we’ve had substantial sunshine in a number of days. I’d like to think I could move where the weather is warmer, but with that come days that are grey and gloomy. The truth is, I don’t think I could move to an area like that, it appears that my mood is parallel with the weather.


2. Tonight for supper we’re going to have nachos. It’s one of my ‘sure thing’ meals. I make taco meat, melt cheese and taco chips. Mason likes the taco meat smothered all over his nachos (that are covered in melted cheese) Madelyn likes taco chips on the side, meat on the side and cheese on the side NOT MELTED. But she does eat it…Barry and I, well we’re just glad to see the kids eat something.


3. We only have one more ‘get up’ this week. The kids only have tomorrow left, and then school is closed for students due to Teacher’s Convention, the weekend and Family day.


4. Since my last 10 on the 10th in January, I’ve made several more loaves of bread in my bread maker. I’ve used the recipes in this book, and the favorite so far was the Raisin Cinnamon Bread. Mmmmmmmm… I need to stop eating so much bread already, but toasted with butter... Oh my...


5. Barry took Mason swimming the other night. Apparently while they were at the pool Mason was jumping up and down, doing all these funny moves, then came over and said: "Dad, when you first met Mummy, did you have to do a mating dance?" Too cute. [to which Barry replied, "Well, of course."]


6. I’m halfway through sorting out clothes in my closet. You know the old adage, “if you haven’t worn something in a year, you probably won’t?” With that in mind [and a PILE of clothes I haven’t worn in a year] why do I struggle with this so?


7. Since starting to exercise on a regular basis, [and by exercise, I mean walking on the treadmill] I have found my M/W/F mornings to go past in a flash. I don’t know where the time goes. [And when I say ‘exercising on a regular basis’ I mean I’ve bee pretty consistent since the beginning of January]. I’m just giving myself a pat on the back here.


8. Yesterday my brother helped me ‘link’ my cell phone to my car… So now, if I’m driving in the car, and my phone rings, I can answer it – HANDS FREE – and talk with someone without having to physically reach for my phone. Having said that, there are only 2-3 people that would ever call me on that number. It has certainly made me feel like I’m in the ‘now’ and all things ‘current’.


9. There is nothing like having your kids wrap their arms around you, hug you tight, kiss you on the cheek and say “I love you Mum”


10. Looking forward to watching LOST tonight. Can’t wait to see how this entire show plays out. My take… I think in the very end, everything will go back to how it was BEFORE the plane crashed on the mysterious island 6 years ago. I think the plane will land at LAX and everyone will carry on with their lives as though having never met one another. Only their lives will not be that great, and us as the knowing viewers, will see that they should have just enjoyed paradise while it was right there in front of them, rather than worry about being rescued and returning home to their mundane lives… But hindsight is 20/20 right?

No comments: