Thursday, December 3, 2009

December Has Arrived

Yup, it's here. I feel good about it. Our tree, as you know, has already been up for 3 wks. I finally put the remainder of the Christmas decorations out and the boxes sitting in our dining room disappeared, finally. Mason is a bit skeptical... He KNOWS not all the decorations are out, and keeps calling me on it, and I keep saying "Yes they are!" I just can't be bothered with all that crap this year... Do you know how that is? So I'm dubbing this year a Simple Christmas.

I began working on my December daily book. It's so great that it was finished long in advance. Even though documenting something each day doesn't seem like a lot, as those of you who document things know, it IS a lot. But I'm forcing myself to sit down w/a pen and paper each day, and follow along w/Jessica's Holiday in Hand worksheets. I'm adapting her stuff, for the little album I already created.

Dec 1st we wrote our letters to Santa. The kids sat at the kitchen table, pens and paper at the ready, looking through the Sears Wishbook. That thing is absolutely invaluable. Mason has decided on more Lego... We have enough lego, that we could re-create our house. I'm sure of it. I don't know when to say 'enough is enough'. I do know the right time is NOT while we're in the process of writing our letter to Santa.

Madelyn has requested 2 things: a Jack-in-the-Box (?) and a Venus Fly Trap... Good grief, Santa has his work cut out for him this year...

I was web-surfing and came across a neat layout on the Write. Click. Scrapbook. website, that I scrap-lifted and made my own. Reading it over, no WONDER people get completely stressed out this time of year! [And I've already got decorated house, put up Christmas tree, and buy Christmas presents, scratched off!]


I finished my week 9 layout for Yesterday & Today. It was documenting a day in my life. I've done this several times before. I've documented a week (big commitment) and a month (even bigger commitment) but I'm always so glad to look back when it's done. I suppose that is what I'm doing w/my December daily, is keeping track of the month of December. I know the initial keeping track and jotting things down, taking pictures, will require some discipline, but having that later on, is where we'll benefit from it as a family.

Looking forward to embracing and enjoying the holiday season this year. I'm thinking really hard about what gives me Joy. I certainly know what doesn't. But what makes me most joyful... Hmmm. I'd better go get a cup of coffee and ponder that one awhile.




1 comment:

Emily Pitts said...

totally fabulous lift of mel's page, i love the idea! and your 2 pager is amazing too, very fun design!