Wednesday, October 7, 2009

A Girl,a Marker and a Moment Alone...

I had to post this... Because it's hilarious. I would have thought that leaving a 4 and a 1/2 year old, alone at the kitchen table for a few moments, with her markers and coloring books, would have been fine. While I stepped into the laundry room to fold clothes, and change machines, I came back to this...


Her first response when I came back into the kitchen and stopped dead in my tracks was:
"Are you mad at me?"
To which, I replied "No" (trying to stifle my laugh... it helped KNOWING that the markers she was using are Crayola washables)
And she told me, "I'm glad you're not mad, I thought this would make me look prettier".
I grabbed my camera, and took a few pictures, before we headed to the bathroom, and scrubbed the marker off her face.
But that first picture of her... What is that in her eyes? A sparkle? A gleam? I believe she's part imp... [Note to self - remove all PERMANENT MARKERS FROM WITHIN REACH...]

No comments: