Sunday, September 6, 2009

This and That

I wish that I could brag and say that my house is completely de cluttered. That I feel a huge weight has been lifted off my shoulders, that it’s miraculous, because it only took 15 mins a day for a week. But that would be a GREAT BIG LIE.

What I have accomplished however, is worthwhile. So far I’ve tackled the kitchen and removed kid stuff (old plastic cups and divided plates). I went through and discarded old ‘papers’, drawings, and things that came home from school last year. Of course I have to make room for all the stuff coming home from school this year.

I overhauled my master bathroom cupboard and drawer and ruthlessly threw out old cream, samples, shampoos and body washes I KNOW I’ll never use. I did however keep the bath salts I’ve had for at least 5 years. Do they expire? Anyone? I'll probably throw them away in my next purge, or maybe not.

I also wish I could say that I kept my word on the blog surfing. I actually went through and deleted a bunch of ‘crap’ off my favorites. Believe me when I say, that trying to slash that list wasn’t easy to do. (After all, it’s taken me a year to work up to the impressive favorites lists I’ve accumulated after our computer fiasco last year) I have tried to keep my blog surfing to a minimum, but let’s be honest. I waste WAY TOO MUCH TIME, reading stuff, which in no way benefits my life. (Though having said that, it usually makes me feel like I can be a better Mum) I suppose there could be worse addictions.

What I did do, was finish these layouts. I’m very pleased with myself. I had a very productive Friday night.



Don't let the cat out of the bag or anything, but can anyone see I have a thing with kraft cardstock right now? I'm loving the new capability I've discovered sizing and cropping photos, and then sending them to costco to print. LOVE IT! My one page, multi picture layouts!

I’ve got a never-ending laundry basket of clothes to wash. I’ve got under the kitchen sink, under the main floor bathroom sink and under the kids bathroom sink, in my line of fire this week. The de-cluttering is coming along, but I wouldn’t say smashingly. I just have a friend who could quite possibly come over at the end of the month and say “Prove it, let’s see what you’ve done” (That’s right, YOU know who you are…) I’ve got a meal plan to sort out, and groceries to pick up. And I’d like to whip up a fresh batch of muffins for the boy to take to school this week. A homemakers job is never done... ;-)

No comments: