Thursday, August 13, 2009

All is Quiet

My house is quiet. Really quiet. It's the middle of the afternoon, and I'm home alone quiet... Sweet Ama has taken the kids to see the movie UP and then for dinner. How lucky are they? Or, how lucky am I? So being here alone has me reflecting a little bit on what the next year will bring. Mason will be heading into grade two, and Miss Maddy G will be on her way to preschool three afternoons a week. Sheesh, what am I going to do with myself?

Summer is wrapping up. It's gone too fast. And to be honest, it's been mediocre at best. At the end of June, the idea of summer holidays stretches out before you, two glorious sun-filled, months, July and August. Oh how we all wait and wait and wait for those two months to come. All you can envision are the long and lazy days of summer.

As you may recall, our annual trip to the lake this year was a bit of a let down, with the norwalk virus week one, and the crapola weather week two. Zoo camp was great, the weather oh-so hot. The kids were so darn lucky. It seems to me, that the weather has been so-so ever since. (It was, for the most part, great for the first set of swim lessons, in the morning any way)We get a nice day here and there but for the most part, it's been cold and dreadful. This week the kids were in swim lessons again, but we haven't been so lucky. This morning I sat at the edge of the pool and watched the steam rise... Seriously, when the water is warmer than the air on the 13th of August, that's a darn sad state.

Plus, we've all (and I do indeed mean, all 4 of us) caught a cold. So there is crabbiness, coughing, crying, nose blowing, snot... did I mention coughing? And it's all a bit much.

So, next week is our last week. (School starts back the next Thursday). We've got so much we want to do and see. How does that happen? How does time get away from us like this? But it does. So next week will be a busy one, trying to get all the last minute things in.

No comments: