Friday, July 10, 2009

Wrapping Up

Today is the last day of our holiday. The sun has come out and blessed us with it's presence. Since Monday, the weather hasn't been great. It poured on Monday, but we ended up taking the kids into Salmon Arm, BC to watch Ice Age 3-D. It was fantastic. We all had a blast. We then made out way to BP's with 6 adults and 7 kids in tow. Survey says: We were all surprised at how smoothly things went.
I certainly wished this past week would have cooperated a bit more weather-wise, since our first week was a right off with a sick kid. However, in between the rain, wind, and just plain chilliness, the kids have had a great time. There have been trees to climb, fish to catch at the dock in fish nets, a hammock to play in (where hours upon hours of time have been wasted). This year a big group of kids have gotten together and meshed really well. They've been playing really well together, so the kids could really care less about the inclement weather. Wednesday evening the skies cleared, and we were able to watch "a movie in the park" It was a lot of fun. Yesterday we were able to get out into the boat again, and today is looking hopeful too. It's the first day we've awakened up to blue sky since last Sunday. Part of me is looking forward to home of course. When you're staying in a wee little cabin (and I do mean wee) our house feels like a palace upon our arrival. Plus, I can't wait to upload my pictures on the computer, so I can get a really good look at them. Oh, not to mention how delightful it is to get back into your own bed after a couple of weeks. And, to have my own washer and dryer, to use at my disposal.
So my next post will be from home. For today we're going to enjoy our last day on the beach, our last day on the boat. I think Mason will go out and water ski, both kids will do a bit of tubing. We may take a ride up the lake, go to Turtle Bay for the last time of 2009. We're pleased indeed, to see the sun.

No comments: