Monday, July 27, 2009

Outdoor Swim Lessons

Last week was Zoo Camp for Mason, 8:30 - 4:30 Monday through Friday, and Princess Ballerina Camp for Madelyn, 9:00-12:00 Monday through Friday. The kids had a fantastic time, the weather for the zoo camp kids was phenomenal, and I got a taste of what preschool will be like in the fall.

Survey says: Monday/Wednesday/Friday, from 12:45 - 3:00 pm are going to be QUIET around here! I'm trying not to snicker, but I think I am. I'm wondering what on earth I'll do with my new found freedom. Do I cherish the QUIET time at home alone? Or do I cherish tackling Superstore and a cart full of groceries without anyone in tow? I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

This week started out with a bang. We started swim lessons first thing this morning at a local outdoor pool. We woke up this morning to a brilliant blue sky, and glowing yellow sun. So far, so good. We've never done outdoor swim lessons. The kids had a blast, and it was really neat to see them outside. I've never had to lube them up with sunscreen, right before we got into the pool. Hoping that the rest of the week will be as pleasant weather-wise. That's one thing it's hard to count on here. We cherish our nice days.


After Mason's lesson was finished, he was bummed out I wouldn't let him buy anything from the little concession the pool had.

Poor Maddy waited so patiently for nearly an hour before her lesson started... Tomorrow I'll have to bring something to occupy her a little bit.

No comments: