Monday, May 18, 2009

My Take on the Weekend

Look at me, it's like I'm a Photo Shop Elements guru.... NOT. Happily, I don't seem to spend as much time being confused, like I did at the start. No, that's not true. I'm still finding it terribly confusing. But I'm trying to persevere and push through the confusion!

This past weekend I did something kind of different and fun, I followed Ali Edwards Creative weekend challenge. This was to document 2 days in our life, the weekend. I decided to do it over 3 days, as Monday was a Canadian holiday, Victoria Day. Last fall, I documented a week in our life, so doing just the weekend was kind of a fun treat. My family and friends all cooperated, and are all quite patient with me. The poor kids know their Mum is crazy. So following them around with the camera for a couple of days, doesn't surprise them at all.

I need to go through the pictures now, and there are quite a few. I took about 150 photos over 3 days. I'm still trying to figure out how I'll put this all together. I think I'll buy a little cheapie album from Walmart, and document it that way. I'll be able to put in pictures, do a bit of journaling and embellishing. I know that looking at the album I did in October, is really neat to go back and look at a snapshot of our 'every day'. To document things that are so ordinary, and that don't seem to stand out. In a few years of course, it will be a sweet reminder of exactly what life was like with a 4 and nearly 7 year old!

So, now I'm off to send pictures into Costco to be developed!

No comments: