Saturday, February 14, 2009

Did someone say Teacher's Convention?

You know, before I had kids in school full-time, I was a bit shocked when Mom friends of mine were distressed about things like SUMMER VACATION, and Christmas Break, Teachers Convention and SPRING BREAK and then I had a child in grade one... Suddenly I too am mortified about how much louder it is in my house with my grade school child home... I really can't believe that one extra child, can create THAT much more noise.

This is what the past few days have looked like at our house...

Against being logical... We bought another Leapster after Christmas. We found it by chance, and it was a good deal, so we picked it up. I thought perhaps, it would be a great 4th bday present for Mad, but they kept fighting over Mason's. So one day, we gave in, and presented her with her very own pink Leapster. Well... If you can imagine, it's the Leapster of choice. Mason likes it more than his own. Madelyn likes it, now they fight over it. This was them the other day, taking turns, and sitting so sweetly on the couch, watching one another, in this pic, it's his turn...

This was a break from Spiderman, and his assistant, Spidergirl. Something on Treehouse caught their attention, and they stopped playing and parked themselves on the couch. It wasn't very short-lived, it never is...

This was a battle between some type of Star Wars figures... Not the kids, the stuffies... If I could have video-taped this, it couldn't have been cuter.


You guessed it, it's her turn on her pink Leapster, and they sit together on the couch. I can't tell you how many pics I've taken of them sitting together on the couch. Sweet...
We've had 2 days off, and now it's the weekend. I have their Dad home as a buffer, THANK GOODNESS. Tomorrow is Valentine's Day, the kids are all jacked up about a heart-shaped pizza at Boston Pizza. We're planning on going, we hope it's not too much of a gong show. Only time will tell!

Happy Valentine's Day to everyone!







No comments: