Thursday, February 5, 2009

I'm happy to report, that I have taken my blog surfing, very seriously, and as a result have done hardly any surfing. And do you know what... It's boring... I really want to know what's going on out there!

Madelyn is at story time at the library with Ama, right now! As we speak. And I'm supposed to be doing some work for a client, but I am so totally un-inspired right now. Which, really makes doing anything crafty, hard to take. I seem to go through these stages, which I suppose is very normal, but it makes getting anything accomplished, kind of a joke. I'll push on even though I'm not having fun. After all, it's a 'job' I've been hired to do, and we don't always like our jobs do we?

I am also spending way too much time, trying to get some fun Valentine's ideas for my family. I had a great idea for the kids in Mason's class, but a note was sent home, that they don't want valentines at school. This really bums me out. And I thought to myself, "surely they don't mean, ME, I'm going to go ahead with my smartie boxes any way". But Mason said, "Mum, you CAN'T" To which I said, "Well, we could any way, if we wanted to" And he looked horror-stricken and again said, "Mum, you just CAN'T", much more emphatically. So there, he's a rule follower. He follows the rules. Let's hope he's a rule follower in 10 years from now...

So now, I'm trying to plan some special things for my family, after all, Valentine's Day falls on a Saturday this year. Heart shaped pancakes perhaps, or heart shaped eggs nestled in toast... Good ole Martha Stewart has some great ideas, check them out for yourself. I especially love this idea, heart-shaped marshmallows to float in hot cocoa.

I have a bad habit of over-researching things, then realizing that I've run out of time. So, I'm going to try and not do that for this occasion. The kids and I will do some heart day crafts this weekend, maybe we'll even do up some sugar cookies, but I'm not going to get carried away with unrealistic expectations. In fact, I'm going to head back into my little scrapbook room, and continue working until I need to go and pick up Mason from the bus!

No comments: