Monday, February 9, 2009

He LIKES IT, Hey Mikey!

For those of you old enough to remember, that tag line came from the LIFE cereal commercial that was run circa 1970's. The kids crowd around the cereal, and they want Mikey to try it, because he'll try anything. Lo and behold, Mikey-likey, much to every one's amazement.
Well, tonight Macy-likey!! I made crock-pot sweet and sour ribs for supper, which turned out AMAZING if I do say so myself. I knew things were going to go relatively well, when Mace slurped and licked his lips and said, "I LOVE RIBS" when I told him ribs were on the menu for dinner. He had seconds, he oohed and aahed, and continuously told Madelyn she was really missing out. He totally cleaned off his plate, and THAT in itself is worthy of a blog post. Little Miss Maddy, ate 6 slices of yellow pepper, and drank half a glass of milk. After that of course she was so full, she couldn't eat another bite. We've certainly got our work cut out for ourselves, when it comes to feeding our kids. But tonight, we had success. That alone might carry me for an entire month! As for the girl, thank goodness for Vector, mini-go's and nuts.
Maybe I'll become a foodie after all!

No comments: