Tuesday, January 20, 2009

How Bizarre

I don't know where the time goes. When I used to work downtown full time (which I did for 14 years) I used to think how delightful it would be not to work, to have all that time... Now I'm a full time SAHM, (though I wouldn't exactly say that I don't work. It's a very different kind of work. It's actually the kind of job that requires you to be on your game 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. There is no end of my 'work day', the weekends are great, don't get me wrong, but I certainly don't have my weekends off per-say), and time just goes by so darn quickly. I thought when I got Mason into full days of school that I would be up as early as could be and accomplish so much more. Alas, that too has been disproven. Where does all that time go? It seems like I have a few hours of peace in the morning, then things go full-tilt until 3:30 pm, and the time between 4 and 8pm, seem to go by in a nano-second. Between meal prep, eating (that often lasts hours around here with a certain crying 3 1/2 yr old), kitchen clean up, coffee pot set up (for the next morning of course) and next day lunch prep, then comes baths, and home reading, teeth brushing, and a story before bed. Suddenly it's all I can do to get the kids into bed by 8:30. How does this phenomenon happen? And, does it happen to everyone? Is it only me? I have so many things I want to do after the kids get to bed, but I'm simply exhausted. And I've got the bags under my eyes to prove it. This is my life now. And this is what I yearn for most each and every morning:

Ahhhh, my coffee. This alone is what helps get me out of bed in the morning. Who ever came up with the auto-start coffee maker, was NOT a morning person. Bless that person. And I'll keep trying to get more accomplished each day.


No comments: