Wednesday, January 21, 2009

16 Things

I love a challenge, so I found this and thought I should definitely play along.

My 16 things:

1. I love to read. I haven’t read as much as I used to since there’s been children living in our house (our kids). Once I get into a book I have a tendency to become completely engrossed, and sometimes forget certain duties such as: wife, mother, chef etc.

2. I drink WAY too much coffee. If Barry doesn’t share the pot with me, I’ll drink it all myself. Not good, and I don’t even notice the heightened caffeine buzz.

3. I used to LOVE chocolate but now, watch out salty foods.

4. I love my 2-storey house. It’s the only exercise I get. I shudder to think what I’d look life if I didn’t go up and down the stairs dozens of times a day.

5. I have to floss my teeth every day, or else I get sore gums. I hate people that don’t have to floss and don’t get cavities.

6. I talk to myself all the time, and get spooked very easily. Hence the Bose ipod docking station, so I don’t have to have headphones on. A good scare is not always that fun.

7. I remember EVERYTHING that is completely insignificant; that stuff is locked in a vault. But appointments, due dates, b-days and anniversaries, not so much…


8. My clean house absolutely makes my heart soar.


9. Even now, as a grown adult I’m horrified of lightening. On more than one occasion I’ve made my hubby help me bring the kids into the basement in the middle of the night… (And now, after 10 years, he just goes along w/it)

10. I couldn’t have said this better myself. I love her stuff!


11. I am most comfortable, and commonly found in my sweats. I often change in and out of them numerous times a day. I will wear them outside ONLY to go for a walk, but not to pick up Mason from the bus. (see #4 – I’m trying to do some more exercise; see #10, that’s my choice…)

12. I am intrigued but horrified to get interested in digital stuff. Case-in-point, I got photoshop elements for Christmas, and haven’t loaded it onto my computer yet.


13. I tend not to get quite as worked up over things as my husband does, for example, my daughter woke up this morning with a fever and is throwing up, I think she has a bug. Barry on the other hand has looked up copious symptoms on WebMD and is ready to diagnose her, leaving me to 2nd guess myself... What if he's right?

14. Tonight is the LOST season premier for season 5. I am beside myself with anticipation.


15. If we won the lottery, I think I would hire a personal chef, to prepare all meals, snacks, salads, lunches and breakfasts, and do the grocery shopping of course. Because you gotta love the kiddie coral at Co-op, but ONLY if your child wants to play in there while your doing shopping. Otherwise, it’s just a teaser to walk by with your full shopping cart AND your 3 ½ year old, saying “looks like fun in there huh?” but refuses to go in.

16. I do obsess about things, and want to do things in an orderly fashion. It might not always look orderly from someone else's point of view, but there is ALMOST always a method to my madness; though I may be the only one who can see it.

How fun is that? Play along!

No comments: